Sleek Bun Tutorial
Photo Credit: L.Bellamy Imagery
Buns are my "go to" hairstyle lately. I have been trying to stay away from using heat on my hair as much as possible. Here is a brief walk through on how I achieve my classic low bun.
- KeraCare edge control
- Moroccan oil
- Bristle brush
- Wide tooth comb
- Bun maker
- Bobby pins
- Small elastic ponytail holders
1. First I comb out my hair in sections with a wide tooth comb to get out any knots. Then I add some Moroccan oil and part my hair if I want a part.
2. I take my edge control and place it on my edges. KeraCare is honestly the best edge control I have ever used. Then I use my bristle brush and brush my hair into a ponytail. I want my ponytail to be as sleek as possible.
3. Once my hair is in a ponytail I take my conair bun maker and put it around my hair.
4. I spread my hair out evenly around the bun maker and place another binder around my now, bun.
5. I take the ends of my hair and wrap it around the bun using bobby pins to secure it.
6. I use my edge control to fix my baby hair, then I wrap my scarf around my head and leave it on while I do my makeup, get dressed, etc. Usually at least 5 minutes. This just keeps everything slicked back and holds it in place for the entire day.
I hope this walk through was of some use.