Blogging on a balcony in a reclining chair with Rose' & Sade playing isn't half bad. I wish I was lucky enough to work in an environment like this all of the time.
Packing for my trip to San Antonio was tough. The weather in Minnesota has been chilly while the weather in Texas has been in the high 80's. Since majority of my summer clothes are packed away, I brought a few transition pieces.
Here are my top 5 tips on transitioning summer pieces for the fall.
1. Add layers. It's fine to wear your summer dresses still. Just add a jacket/cardigan, leggings or jeans depending on the dress' length, and fall appropriate shoes.
2. Keep floral prints neutral. If you're going to wear floral, the overall color of the piece should be neutral.
3. Wear knee high boots and sweaters with your favorite skirts.
4. Shorts in the fall? YES!!! Try wearing stockings under your favorite pair of jean shorts. Don't forget to layer up to keep warm.
5. Add faux fur to your favorite neutral colored summer dresses. Also, try pairing jeans under your maxi dresses. Depending on the dress, this can be a super chic fall look.
When it comes to transitioning pieces, it's all pretty simple. Add layers without overdoing it, and try to balance out your color scheme to add a touch of fall.
I hope some of these tips helped! Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. <3
Zara- Floral Top | TopShop- White Jeans | Coach- Bag | Steve Madden- Shoes | Target - Tank Top | Quay Australia- Sunglasses
[Photo Credit: Kendall Holt]